For something with zest you can whip up in a flash, try out this recipe for a summer chicken salad.
● 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
● 1 package (3 ounces) oriental-flavor ramen noodles
● 2 tablespoons sesame seed
● ¼ cup sugar
● ¼ cup white vinegar
● 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
● ½ teaspoon pepper
● 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
● ½ cup dry-roasted peanuts
● 4 medium green onions, sliced
● 1 bag (16 oz.) coleslaw mix
Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Stir in seasoning packet from noodles. Break block of noodles into bite-size pieces into skillet; stir noodles into butter mixture. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly; stir in sesame seed. Cook about 2 minutes longer, stirring constantly, until noodles are golden brown.
Mix together sugar, vinegar, oil, and pepper in large bowl. Add chicken, peanuts, green onions, and coleslaw mix, toss together with noodle mixture.
Pick your favorite serving bowl and voila! Something fresh, interesting, and healthy to take to your next cookout. For other ideas on ways to keep your daily life healthy, contact us at 717-840-9885 or click on the button below.