Now that you have your goal (or more than one) for the year, and you have a plan to reach it and track it, how do you keep at it? We’ve talked about a lot of ways this month to hold yourself accountable, and those are all great suggestions. But one of the most important ways to ensure you reach your goals is: support yourself. Like many things in life, focusing on achievement will take a lot of other healthy living steps. Try to work on the following to help you reach success:
- Make sure you get enough sleep. Aim for at least 7 hours each night, and that includes before the alarm goes off if you’re a chronic snooze-hitter. It’s amazing how much more focused and energized you can be with the right amount of sleep.
- Set aside time daily or weekly to focus on your goal. Even if it’s just five minutes each day, and then building on that, you need to start somewhere!
- Set aside time to review your goals on a monthly basis. Take yourself out for coffee, or leave an evening free of your to-do list. Actually, do that whether or not you have a goal for 2015.
- Practice other healthy habits such as drinking lots of water every day, eating nutritious snacks, and getting outside for a few minutes.
- Make time to invest in yourself, doing whatever it is you most enjoy. Those moments will help revitalize you and keep you committed.
Whatever you’re looking to accomplish to improve your life, you know it’s the right thing to do. So take the time this year to stick with it, and even if you fall off the wagon, dust yourself off and get back on. You can do it.
For other help making changes to your life, give us a call at 717-840-9885 or click on the button below to make an appointment.
Dr. Julie Drolet
P.S. Did you recently have an appointment with us?
Fill out this survey to tell us about your experience.