When going through challenging periods in our lives, we often feel very alone. Fielding the symptoms surrounding perimenopause, fortunately, is not something any of us have to work through by ourselves. Here are a few tips to help you make use of the community around you as you face the changing days ahead:
- Find someone (or several someones!) to exercise with. People who will help motivate you and you also enjoy spending time with can help you feel your best and commiserate with you.
- Begin a recipe-sharing group with your friends, to trade easy and healthy recipes and keep your body fueled with the right energy.
- Consider counseling sessions – From the physical toll and the emotional ups and downs, it can help as you look to your future to talk about what you’re going through.
- Find something you love with a passion, whether it’s a new hobby or old. Gardening, hiking, volunteering, or anything that you enjoy and provides solace and feels soothing. If it’s something you enjoy doing with others, join a club or find friends to gather with.
- Take time to care for yourself, even if it means saying no to others sometimes or changing your schedule. The people around you will understand.
- Surround yourself with those who understand what you’re going through: older mentors, women in the same spot you are, and those knowledgeable about perimenopause.
Have you found some great effective ways to manage your perimenopause symptoms? Share on our Facebook page!
P.S. Did you recently have an appointment with us? Fill out this survey to tell us about your experience.