I know, I know, the summer is supposed to be time for you and the kiddos (or grandkiddos!) to relax and enjoy time off. But you and I both know that sometimes, that just doesn’t happen.
Whether it be waking up at the crack of dawn to go to a work conference or spending the entire day at a theme park just after finishing a 40-hour work week, sometimes we all need a boost.
I found this amazing recipe that I think you, and the kids will love. Who doesn’t love chocolate?
And the best part? It gives you the extra jolt of energy you need to get through the day
BANANA OAT ENERGY BITES
–2 ripe bananas
–2 cups rolled oats
–¼ cup almond butter (or peanut butter, or your favorite nut butter)
–¼ cup honey
–2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
–½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Mash up the bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the rolled oats, almond butter, honey, miniature chocolate chips and cinnamon.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll into a 1-inch ball. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, allowing the oats enough time to soften.
- Store the energy bites in the refrigerator.
So, go ahead! Buy that all-day pass, pack up some of these energy bites, and take on the day.
Oh, and before you go, schedule an appointment for your annual check-up! We want you feeling healthy and happy, so you can conquer that rollercoaster with the 3 loop-de-loops. Click the button below to sign up for a time to visit us! Hope to see you soon!
Dr. Julie Drolet
P.S. Even if you have a busy schedule this summer, we’ll make time for you. No matter what.