A healthy lifestyle not only changes your body, it changes your mind, your attitude, and your mood.
We know June is all about dads, but you both need to stay healthy to enjoy each other and your family. Start the summer off right by getting the health checks you might have forgotten, and know you’re ready to thrive and dive into the season!
Five Checks You Should Get
- Blood pressure screening – if the top number is greater than 140 or the bottom number is greater than 90, you’ll need to have a conversation with a medical provider. Heart disease, kidney problems, and diabetes can complicate blood pressure.
- Breast self-exam – do this monthly, and if your family has a history of breast cancer, check with your doctor about mammograms regularly even before age 40.
- Pelvic exam and pap smear – this helps catch cervical cancer should it develop, and you can get screened for sexually transmitted infections.
- Cholesterol checks –heart disease is a real concern for women, not just men. Knowing your cholesterol and triglycerides will help you know if you might be susceptible andneed to pay attention.
- Check your bone density – after the age of 35, your bone mass has peaked which means you are more likely to develop osteoporosis.
Five Checks for Your Guy
- Testicular cancer screening – can be monthly self-exams, with yearly checks by the doc.
- Blood tests – will screen for diabetes, thyroid disease, liver problems, and anemia. Depending on family history and body mass, diabetes in particular could be a problem.
- Cholesterol checks – will help keep him all-around healthy if he’s managing this.
- Coronary disease screening – for guys with a strong family history of heart disease, this will help catch any issues early.
- Prostate cancer screening – as he gets older, they’ll need to check this regularly, just to be safe.
You’ll be able to enjoy the summer even more knowing you’ve checked up on your health. And there’s nothing like a clean bill of health to make you feel energetic and ready for some, you know, fun (wink).
If you’re ready to make sure your health is in good shape, schedule a visit today with the button below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Dr. Julie Drolet