When the temperature drops, you don’t have to hide inside. Of course, enjoy that hot cocoa or wine in your slippers, but winter is a great time to take advantage of activities you don’t get to experience otherwise. And we know, it’s hard to drag yourself outside. But it’s important to get outside – get some exercise and enjoy some fresh air. Both will improve your health and your outlook.
So when the sun’s out, or on your day off, make sure you’re dressed for the cold and then try out some of these activities!
- Go ice skating
- Head out on a winter hike
- If you’re up for it, check out a yurt or a cabin rental at a state park
- Walk your dog, or your neighbor’s dog
- Have a snowball fight – there’s a reason they’re so fun!
- Have a seat on the porch with a blanket and some hot cocoa
- Feed the birds at the park
- Make your own bird feeders (remember the pine cones + peanut butter from grade school?)
- Go on a winter picnic with hot soup in a thermos and sandwiches
- Grab your camera and take some winter shots around where you live
Winter doesn’t have to be filled with the doldrums. It can definitely be full of some refreshing activities worth remembering. Feel free to explore and add your own interesting winter activities to the list!
It is possible to have a healthy, balanced life with carefree activities to offset the stressors we face in other ways. To talk with a doctor about ways you can improve your life, click here to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you!
Dr. Julie Drolet
P.S. Did you recently have an appointment with us?
Fill out this survey to tell us about your experience.