Roasted Mushroom and Green Bean Farro Salad
● 2 cups water
● 1 cup farro
● 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
● 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
● 1 tablespoon oil
● ½ teaspoon thyme, chopped
● Salt and pepper
● ¼ cup feta, goat or blue cheese, crumbled
● ¼ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped and toasted
● ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette
Fill a pot with the water and add farro. Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer while covered for about 20 minutes.
Toss the mushrooms and green beans in the oil, thyme, salt and pepper to taste, and place them on a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast at 400 degrees until they start to caramelize, or about 20 minutes. Flip the veggies halfway through.
Mix the farro and vegetables, adding the walnuts, cheese, and vinaigrette. Add more thyme to taste. Enjoy!
If you’d like to hear more ways you can live a healthy life, set up an appointment to visit us by calling 717-840-9885 or clicking on the button below.
Dr. Julie Drolet
P.S. Did you recently have an appointment with us?
Fill out this survey to tell us about your experience.